A method of communication, in which an assistant provides physical assistance in the form of support of a hand, wrist, arm or elbow, while an individual with disabilities touches letters or uses a keyboard in order to communicate. Physical support may be faded to a light touch on any part of the body or physical presence of the facilitator. This method of communication was designed for persons with limited or no speech, but whose intelligence is hidden by a communication deficit. There is some controversy surrounding this method of communication
- “Making a Murderer” and Brendan Dassey’s Low IQ Defense.
- The Regional Center Individual Program Plan or, “IPP.”
- 1st-party Court-Established Special Needs Trust and the State’s Right to Reimbursement for Medical Assistance Paid on Behalf of the Beneficiary under a State Plan?
- The Regional Center System for Persons with Developmental Disabilities.
- Tragedy at Inland Regional Center