A guardian is appointed through a court proceeding where the court designates a person to act as a manager for the financial affairs (guardianship of the estate) or the personal care (guardianship of the person) of one who is either physically or mentally unable to handle either or both. In California, when a person reaches majority, a conservator rather than a guardian would be appointed under these circumstances
- “Making a Murderer” and Brendan Dassey’s Low IQ Defense.
- The Regional Center Individual Program Plan or, “IPP.”
- 1st-party Court-Established Special Needs Trust and the State’s Right to Reimbursement for Medical Assistance Paid on Behalf of the Beneficiary under a State Plan?
- The Regional Center System for Persons with Developmental Disabilities.
- Tragedy at Inland Regional Center