This term refers to the right of a parent to obtain, at public expense, an independent educational assessment of the student from qualified educational professional when the parent disagrees with an assessment obtained by the public education agency. The public agency may initiate a due process hearing to demonstrate the appropriateness of its assessment (and thereby avoid paying for the IEA)
- “Making a Murderer” and Brendan Dassey’s Low IQ Defense.
- The Regional Center Individual Program Plan or, “IPP.”
- 1st-party Court-Established Special Needs Trust and the State’s Right to Reimbursement for Medical Assistance Paid on Behalf of the Beneficiary under a State Plan?
- The Regional Center System for Persons with Developmental Disabilities.
- Tragedy at Inland Regional Center