In California, related services are referred to as “Designated Instruction and Services,” often, the terms are used interchangeably. The range of services that can be offered as a related service includes speech therapy, counseling, occupational therapy, specialized testing, specialized technology, transportation, recreation, medical services for diagnostic or evaluation purposes, adapted physical education, out-of-home placement, behavioral intervention, and almost any other service necessary to assist a child in benefitting from his or her special education program
- “Making a Murderer” and Brendan Dassey’s Low IQ Defense.
- The Regional Center Individual Program Plan or, “IPP.”
- 1st-party Court-Established Special Needs Trust and the State’s Right to Reimbursement for Medical Assistance Paid on Behalf of the Beneficiary under a State Plan?
- The Regional Center System for Persons with Developmental Disabilities.
- Tragedy at Inland Regional Center