In the context of regional center services, the term is typically descriptive of a “workshop,” which is managed by a non-profit agency serving persons with disabilities, utilizing an assembly-line approach to making items such as accordion files, packing or bagging small products such as plastic utensils, bolts, and other similar work. In California, funding for sheltered workshops is almost exclusively provided through the Department of Rehabilitation’s Habilitation division. Sheltered employment, in terms of restrictiveness, is a step down the vocational continuum from supported employment
- “Making a Murderer” and Brendan Dassey’s Low IQ Defense.
- The Regional Center Individual Program Plan or, “IPP.”
- 1st-party Court-Established Special Needs Trust and the State’s Right to Reimbursement for Medical Assistance Paid on Behalf of the Beneficiary under a State Plan?
- The Regional Center System for Persons with Developmental Disabilities.
- Tragedy at Inland Regional Center