A practice or goal of reducing the number of people living in congregated and segregated institutional settings, i.e., state hospitals or developmental centers. In California, deinstitutionalization was mandated by the Coffelt settlement decree
- “Making a Murderer” and Brendan Dassey’s Low IQ Defense.
- The Regional Center Individual Program Plan or, “IPP.”
- 1st-party Court-Established Special Needs Trust and the State’s Right to Reimbursement for Medical Assistance Paid on Behalf of the Beneficiary under a State Plan?
- The Regional Center System for Persons with Developmental Disabilities.
- Tragedy at Inland Regional Center