This is essentially a short-cut in the SSAs eligibility determination process, used when an applicant for Supplemental Security Income has a high probability of meeting the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) standards. If the SSA finds one presumptively disabled, they will begin benefit payments while his or her application is undergoing the review process. An example is with an individual with mental retardation, who will be found presumptively disabled with an I.Q. at or below 58
- “Making a Murderer” and Brendan Dassey’s Low IQ Defense.
- The Regional Center Individual Program Plan or, “IPP.”
- 1st-party Court-Established Special Needs Trust and the State’s Right to Reimbursement for Medical Assistance Paid on Behalf of the Beneficiary under a State Plan?
- The Regional Center System for Persons with Developmental Disabilities.
- Tragedy at Inland Regional Center