Is the process of assuring that a care provider has complied with the legal requirements for provision of services to regional center consumers. Most regional centers and residential programs have a quality assurance person who monitors programs for appropriateness of programming, adherence to the client rights provisions of the Lanterman Act, the degree of community integration, monitoring of general and specific health needs of its consumers, the premises (concerning safety, and compliance with fire regulations, etc.), maintenance and confidentiality of client records, proper staff hiring, background checking, qualifications, training, and proper program administration
- “Making a Murderer” and Brendan Dassey’s Low IQ Defense.
- The Regional Center Individual Program Plan or, “IPP.”
- 1st-party Court-Established Special Needs Trust and the State’s Right to Reimbursement for Medical Assistance Paid on Behalf of the Beneficiary under a State Plan?
- The Regional Center System for Persons with Developmental Disabilities.
- Tragedy at Inland Regional Center